Thursday, September 5, 2013
Utah Time Together
Some of the families who had traveled so far were able to spend a few more days together in Utah. One afternoon most of us drove and the two brothers, McKay and Taylor, rode bikes up to a small lake at Tony's Grove. The kids enjoyed throwing rocks and sticks into the lake and we all enjoyed our hike around the lake. It was a beautiful place and we really enjoyed nature's beauty.
Our last day together we enjoyed a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls. I just couldn't resist them for "old times" sake.
With Taylor and McKay's family leaving on Friday for other committments, Tiffany and Abigail, Korinne, Steve and I hit some local highlights on Saturday. We started out at the local farmers' market. That was lots of fun.
Then we drove to the Pepperidge Farm factory and outlet which generally has fun tasters and a few bargains.
Next we hit Casper's Fat Boy Ice Cream factory store. We didn't have any way to keep ice cream goodies frozen so we weren't able to take advantage of the bargain seconds, but of course, we sampled yummy ice cream treats. I was so curious about the founder, Casper Merrill, of this long standing ice cream company that I did some research and found out that we are related. That is exciting but I don't think we will be included in any inheritance or special cousins discount.
Then we stopped by the sock outlet and the pajama outlet. Most of these experiences were new to us. It was fun exploring for bargains in our new area.
On Sunday, we had a little early celebration for Britton's 12th birthday. We are always willing to have a party. He had a "night games" party with his friends the night before. I guess that was really a success. Congratulations, Britton!
On Monday, Tiffany and I were back at the condo dedicated to getting work done on my files. That evening we took a few "left behind" items over to Tricia's parents so we could say one more goodbye to them as they were leaving the next morning.
On Wednesday morning, Tiffany, Abigail and I, went down to Temple Square to enjoy the sites and flowers before they left for Texas. Abigail took this photo of Tif and I in front of the old Tabernacle.
Now everyone has left for home except Taylor's family and they have been doing final celebrations with Jen's family and their friend, Gus. I'm hanging on to every last moment with my kids and grandkids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun pictures!
Post a Comment