Sunday, December 15, 2013

While the cat is gone, the mice will play...

 While Heather was in China, Steve and I drove north and spent a couple of days helping Aaron and the kids.  Elsie and Brinley had this cute act they perform together like it is one person.  We got a "kick" out of it.  So did Quinn who immediately tried to imitate them.
 Here is the lot where my grandmother Annie's house used to stand.  They are building a big new apartment complex in its place.
 I had some good help in the kitchen while I was there.  Once again, we made Christmas cookies and decorated them.  I'm happy that some of the children still enjoy this activity.
 I love to hear the children practice their instruments.  We enjoyed performances by Anna, Jantzen, Brinley and Tanner.  Keep up the good work.

 Brinley and Tanner went to the temple for baptism with their YW/YM group.  We are so pleased that they are willing to serve others. 
 Aaron recruited Steve to help him build a Christmas surprise for Heather.  It really was a group effort as each of the kids pitched some to help also.  I'm only allowed to blog about it because now Heather has seen it.








 Since the project took pretty much all day, we were baking cookies and doing other things in between taking breaks from our project to help with theirs.  It is turning out pretty cool.
 Elsie lost her first tooth on Saturday night!  Way to go, Elsie.  You are growing up!  She didn't think it was cool, however.  We hope she is feeling better about it now.


We loved our short but sweet visit.  We also did a walk through inspection with the buyers of our home.  We should know this next week, if the sale is final.  We drove back on Sunday afternoon so that Steve could fly out to Seattle early Monday morning.  He's getting worn out from so much travel but he just keeps plugging along! He's awesome!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love this post. I'm thinking I'll cut & paste a few of yours - especially your Thanksgiving post since I won't get around to it this year!

Tricia said...

So. . . what was the secret gift? Bookshelves? Thomas is about to lose his first tooth too. Glad your Rexburg house closed!!