The challenging part of the weekend was the fact that my front tooth broke off. I was able to keep it in place to lead the singing in Sacrament Mtg but it was impossible to eat that way so out it came. I thought the veneer was loose so I had called Dr. Joe on Friday afternoon and scheduled an appointment for Monday. After much consultation, he glued it back in. I had an appointment with the oral surgeon on Wed. It looks like implant surgery for me. Darn! There goes our cruise.
Hilary also sent out a business mailer for me this week. Meet Wendy! Wendy Richhart will be joining the Good Neighbor team. Since there was no Good Neighbor team, we will now create one. I have known Wendy for a few years, but we re-connected working on the purchase of the Murray home. Steve and I were both so impressed with her, that we decided to invite to her come aboard so we could back each other up when one of us leaves town. She conveniently lives a few streets away. We will try it for a year. We are both hoping it will be a match made in Heaven.
We will be saying goodbye to the condo this next week. We rented it out during the week. We were also able to rent out our CV rental property last weekend. Hooray for good renters!
The condo looked pretty nice when I got it all cleaned and decluttered. It has worked well for us this past year but Steve is happy to be leaving another HOA. I intended to post these photos on KSL but was able to rent it to an acquaintance without having to post it. That saved me tons of time.
Here we are in the middle of our project. Steve arrived back in town on Wednesday afternoon this week and I had a CE class cancelled on Thursday. That gave us the opportunity to work, work, work on refurbishing the M home. Steve K gave us a couple of days of his time too. He is always so helpful when it comes to cleaning and putting things back together. Every light fixture, vent cover, cabinet, etc. has been carefully cleaned by Steve. We have painted every room in the basement, which is where we will live. We still have doors and some trim to do but now we are painting upstairs.
Steve removed a low slung toilet in our bathroom. Here the two Steves take it to the garage.
On Friday, we had a beehive a workers at the house. We had siding guys. decks guys, window guys, and the electrician plus the two Steve's and myself. We were cheerfully working around each other. We can see some progress.
Here is my new, used stove the two Steve's brought into the house. It is a really nice Kitchenaid with a warming drawer. It will definitely be the best thing in this little kitchen.
The bathroom looks better with it's new paint and light fixture. The toilet will be installed this week.
This is the entry way for our part of the house. It's a good thing we have these storage lockers as there are only two smaller closets in our part of the house.
Here's the new facade for the garage. We like the shingle type siding over the garage. It looks nice. The exterior of the house will look really different without the old brown tudor trim. The old exterior was rotting and had to be replaced. We love the real stone that is used to accent the front of the home.
Here's the new garage window. It was boarded up before. I also got a new window for my office. I never thought I would love new windows so much, but I do.
Here are the newly- poured front steps. The tudor part will be removed also so this will look different too.
We love the mature trees that surround this home. Another thing Steve accomplished this week was to get a little lawn mower and mow the grass. I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled about that. It was getting a bit out of control. The east neighbor mows his grass twice a week!
It won't stop us from moving on Friday, May 30th, however. That's the date and we are sticking to it.
I bet you all wish you could be here for the big day. Oh wait. You don't mind missing this one since you have participated in this soooo many times before. Ha! Wish us luck!





2 comments:
PHEW, I barely made it to your last place before you moved. I can tell I am going to have to be quicker if I want to visit all your homes. I think I will put that on my bucket list. Make sure I visit each home that you have lived in while you are still living there!
So sorry about the broken tooth! Wow - the projects are really moving along - exciting!
Post a Comment