Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Is Happy!

 Mother's Day is a day of thanksgiving and rejoicing for me.  It gives me the opportunity to reflect on the many blessings my Heavenly Father has given me.  I am thankful that he trusted me enough to allow me to be a mother.  What an honor to help provide six amazing children with earthly bodies and a home where they could grow and develop in the gospel.  It wasn't always easy but it was worth it.
Our family is the light of my life and the treasure of my heart.  I'm so grateful to Steve for his love, loyalty and righteous leadership and for hanging in there with me throughout thick and thin.  He's the best husband and father we could have.
I am thankful to the Savior for His example and especially His atonement.  The prospect of a glorious resurrection after this life and having you as an eternal family is what keeps me going from day to day.  What would I do without the opportunity He has given me to repent?  I've made so many mistakes yet He willingly forgives if I come to Him with humility.  I hope that all of you will forgive me too.  I'm sure some of your challenges are related to my mistakes and inadequacy as a mother.  That's another reason I'm grateful to the Savior as His atonement will make all things right and fair.

I love the Savior.  I love Steve.  I love all of you as my children, spouses and grandchildren.  I AM A HAPPY MOTHER because you are all trying to follow the Savior's path for happiness.  I love the temple which provides us with the opportunity to be an eternal family.

On another note.  Steve took vacation this week and worked himself to the bone on the Murray house.  First he demolished and then he and Mike C will repair things.  In between we paint like crazy.  This week the contractors will come in full force and Steve will be back to work in Sacramento. I run in and out and help in between appointments.  I have some work clothes that I just put on over my nicer clothes.  It is pretty hysterical but it is efficient.

I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks Mom! You are a fantastically dedicated mother and grandmother - we are ALL so grateful for your loving support over the years. Thanks for hanging in there as we've given you plenty to fret about from time to time - we love you!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Love you! Happy Mother's Day!

Jackie said...

I love you too.