Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Love To See The Temple...

September 21, 2014 was the re-dedication of the remodeled Ogden Temple.  It is so beautiful!  We were able to go through the open house with Jen and the kids and then on another occasion, I escorted McKay's graduate school associate's wife and mother-in-law as they were eager to see it.  It is a beautiful temple and I am sure that many weddings and sealings will be performed there which will take some pressure off from the Salt Lake Temple.
Steve and I attended the first dedicatory session at 10 a.m. in our local stake center last Sunday.  Then I tended Jameson so Hilary, Adam, Britton, Jenna and Korinne could attend together for the 1 o'clock session.
President Joseph Fielding Smith had dedicated the temple when it was originally built and dedicated in 1972.  He said "When we dedicate a house to the Lord, we are really dedicating ourselves..."
Elder Clayton shared those words with us.  He also said "Temples are places where we can be healed and comforted--"the word of the God healeth the wounded soul."
Elder Bednar said that temples are the point of intersection between heaven and earth.  The world is hectic and hurried.  The temple is a place of calm stillness.  He also said "The temple is important to me because within its sacred walls, I AM HOME."  There we receive blessings of protection and direction.
President Monson encouraged us to "Stand Ye In Holy Places."  He asked us the love the temple, appreciate the temple and attend the temple--"allow our faith to exceed our doubt."  He encouraged us to "attend the temple and the Lord's blessings will accompany you."  Attendance at the temple will increase "Peace in our lives, happiness in our homes and contentment in our hearts."
It is a beautiful temple and we enjoyed being able to attend this re-dedicatory service.  We feel so blessed.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thank you for this post