That next weekend, I took these photos of the canyon on the way to CV as the leaves had started to turn. I'm happy that I did, as I didn't get another opportunity this year. The reds faded so quickly and the yellows hadn't appeared yet.
That Saturday Steve and I were lucky to hit the big garden clearance at Lowe's. There were no signs or advertisements but I had been told by an employee to check the garden center the middle of September. When we walked in the door, a different employee informed us most plants and bushes were 75% off. An hour later we had the pickup full of plants and bushes and any other plans we had were set aside. We had to get our plants in the ground, so we spent the rest of the day digging holes.
We went to bed very tired and pretty happy. New fruit trees will have to wait until next year, but we now have lilacs, perennials, strawberries and plants in our rock walls. If we can keep the deer from eating everything, we should have a beautiful spring and summer display next year.
This is a picture of our back yard flower bed. The mums are just starting to bloom and they are spectacular.
I drove by the temple hoping to catch some fall color. Nothing much was turning yet but the flowers were still beautiful. That evening, I felt so blessed to be able to attend the General Women's Broadcast of our faith with my daughter, Hilary, and two granddaughters, Jenna and Korinne. We love hearing instructions from our women's leaders and our apostles. It was so inspirational! Korinne loved the cider and donuts best, I believe. It was a SWEET evening.
We painted the front door of the rental duplex red and we really like it. I also planted a flat of pansies. I love to see them poking their heads out of the winter snow. They are so hardy. It gives me hope during those winter months to know the pansies are there and will bloom quickly.
In addition to working, I managed to have lunch with some special friends during these past two weeks--my friend, LouAnn who recently lost her husband very suddenly. We had a really nice visit. I also had lunch with a long time friend, Sally, who recently remarried after a very painful divorce. She is evaluating real estate as a career change option.
Speaking of real estate, Taylor's good friends, Seth and Meagan, are moving to CV. We have their house under contract and it should close in a couple of weeks. They are going to be building a home in our ward. Adam put them in touch with a senior couple in our ward who have an apartment for rent. They moved into the apartment on Saturday so we had them over for dinner on Sunday. They have such a cute family. It should be fun to see them each week at church.
These are some of the flowers we planted in the front yard. Here is a picture of Seth and Meagan's cute family. We hope that they love CV as much as we do.


No comments:
Post a Comment