Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Shawn, Tiffany and Abigail really know how to celebrate Valentine's Day!  There were flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, cards, Shari's Berries, Costco chocolate covered strawberries, cake, candy and cards just to name a few.  Plus we went out for a huge breakfast, went to the aquarium, the park and Costco.  Abigail and I had another tea party.  Plus Tiffany cooked us a fantastic dinner. We also watched a Hallmark love story movie--those are the best kind of "happily ever after movies."

Forty-five years ago today, I gave Steve a navy blue sweater for valentine's day.  Another girl named Adrienne had been chasing him pretty hard and had asked him to the upcoming preference dance.  I gave him that sweater and it seemed to change everything.  He decided to take me to the preference dance and to date me exclusively.  We were engaged about seven weeks later and married in July.  He's my sweetheart now and forever.  I love you, Steve!

 I'm excited about my new water bottle he got me today!  I have been looking for just the right one for about 5 or 6 months.  This is a wonderful valentine's gift.  I will think of my honey often as I use it daily!
Here the guys watch the news about all the couples being married around the country on valentine's day.  It is refreshing to know that regular couples still want to get married.  Yay!  There was also a really cute story on the news about a 14-year old boy in Idaho who saved his money all year to purchase a balloon for every girl in his school.  He spent over $600 on valentine balloons as he didn't want any girl in his school to miss out on getting a valentine.  What a sweet sentiment!  I need to see if one of our granddaughters was the recipient of his generosity.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Ok the part about that other girl chasing after Steve is something I had never heard before. I am so glad that you gave him that sweater. I can't imagine our family without Steve. Happy Valentines day to two people who I love so very much!! You do look like you are having a great time.

Heather said...

Yes, Brinley was a recipient of his generosity!