Monday afternoon, Tricia, who was in town for a family history conference, and Jen, Will & June, who were visiting family while Taylor had business meetings in CA, made arrangements to get together for a visit. Fortunately, they chose our house so we got to enjoy a couple of hours with all of them. Jen, Tricia and Steve took a walk along the parkway, while I watched the kids. They got caught in a sudden rainstorm which shortened the normally invigorating and relaxing experience.
Will and June are growing up too quickly. I'm so glad they have made the exhausting trip to visit us.
My brother, Steve, gave me this gorgeous flower arrangement for my birthday. Now even more of the blossoms have opened so I wanted to share it with you. When we left for TX on Friday, my upstairs neighbor was the recipient. It's one of those gifts that keeps on giving.
Thursday, we watched JMo so Hilary could attend the family history event. It was a beautiful day so Steve took him to one of the local parks two different times while I had some appointments. In the afternoon, we both took him to the zoo. He loved seeing all the animals and it was fun sharing in his delight. We were all disappointed that the train wasn't running and he was not convinced that the carousel was worth the risk.
After the zoo, JMo and Steve raked up a few leaves and worked in the yard for a bit. Jameson loves to be outside. We enjoyed the time we spent with Jameson. We hope that Hilary enjoyed the conference.
Friday morning, we threw our bags in the back of the Sequoia and headed out to airport. We love to visit Tiffany, Abigail and Shawn during February. Yes, I did pack some asparagus. We ate it tonight and it was delish.
This morning we ate breakfast at The Egg & I. It cracked me up when I noticed that it isn't only teenagers who sit next to each other at a table, both busy with their electronic devices. Seriously, we have enjoyed great conversation with Tiffany, Shawn and Abigail. I must confess that with two offers coming in on my listings this weekend, I am the one who has spent more time using my phone. It is a real estate joke that if you need to sell a property, just plan a vacation and leave town.
Here is a photo of Steve's blueberry pancakes with blueberry sauce after a big yummy bite.
After our huge, delicious breakfast, we headed to the local aquarium for some fun. Abigail and I pose inside the shark's mouth for a photo.
At the aquarium, Steve and Shawn visited with a fellow who had run track for Idaho State. Their visit resulted in several common connections proving once again that it is a small world in the LDS Church.
Abigail fed the stingrays, the tortoise and the parakeets. So did Shawn. It's hard to say who enjoyed it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment