Monday morning, Feb. 2nd, Steve shipped his phone, computer, hot spot, etc. back to CNH. An hour later two guys showed up to take the truck. It has been my faithful assistant as well. I will miss that truck!
When Steve went down to FedEx to ship the stuff, he picked up his new computer which he had ordered and they were holding it for him. He spent most of the next two days, getting his computer set up and ready to roll. It has definitely been interesting for Steve as he figures things out at this season of his life. I think that he is relieved not to have to go to the airport every Monday morning. However, he misses the phone calls and talking with long time friends and co-workers.
We drove back to SL in our new car. It is the first time we have driven it more than 6 miles. It is a cute little thing, but after driving the big black truck, it will take some getting used to.
Since it was my birthday day, I received a zillion Facebook 'Happy Birthday wishes." It was nice to be remembered by so many. My work day was busy and not as pleasant as I would have liked since I had to rescue a transaction with a low appraisal. It was a bit of a damper. However, I wasn't too worried since I plan to celebrate my birthday all month long. There are a lot more good times to come.
On Tuesday after my broker network tour, I met with my River Sisters friends for lunch. That was awesome! We talked and talked until I had to leave to show a house so we didn't get any photos.
Steve had to install a garbage disposal in our upstairs rental. He can do all kinds of things when he makes up his mind. He's not inclined to pay the plumber now.
Wednesday while I worked, he met with his new employer and they worked out a few details for his new, flexible, part-time job. He will be training the salesmen how to sell the products and teaching them all about the equipment. Hopefully it will be a good transition from working every day to working when he chooses.
Later in the week, he went over to the dealership and took a lot of photos for a presentation he will make this next week for one of the local municipalities. He has already put together a power point for that.
Friday, my siblings came over and we celebrated my birthday and opened a few gifts that didn't get delivered at Christmas. Cathy also brought a box of momentos from my Dad and Ann's basement. There are some real family history treasures in there. A lot of items belonged to my brother, Steve. I took some pictures and things to digitize and he took the rest.
Later that afternoon while I was showing a house, Steve went to the airport and picked up Jen, Will and June. They flew to San Fran where Taylor stayed for corporate meetings. After several long delays, Jen and the kids finally arrived in SL. It was so fun to see them. They remembered where the toys were kept and immediately pulled them all out and starting having fun. They have really played well together.
It was fun to spend a little time with my siblings too. I'm always happy to have an excuse to gather with family.
We stayed extra long in SL to spend more time with Jen and the kids. When her sister picked her up for an outing to Temple Square on Saturday, we drove on up to CV. The weather has been amazingly mild and beautiful, in the 70's yesterday and today. We enjoyed our walks but are worried about all the trees and plants growing too early. We pray the fruit trees don't get severely damaged if it turns cold again. Thankfully it rained last night. We still need water!
We are very happy to have finally submitted the ward history to the stake. It is always such a relief to me to get that finished. My computer skills are a big part of the challenge but we just keep working away. Our neighbor has been so good to help me. He was all smiles when I presented him with a freshly baked loaf of banana bread to thank him for his assistance.
No comments:
Post a Comment