Sunday, May 17, 2015

This and that...

 A couple of weeks ago, I was privileged to attend Jenna's piano recital.  She has only been taking lessons from her new teacher since January but she did a very impressive job.  Way to go, Jenna.  You sounded awesome.
 This is a photo I took of our weekday house to post it for lease.  Two of our tenants we thought would stay for awhile are moving in June.  We have been scrambling to get the yards looking nice and get signs up so we could get them rented again.  After advertising this one for a couple of weeks, Steve came up with the idea of moving upstairs and keeping the downstairs furnished as an executive rental.  There is a need for that in our market.  However, as it turns out, our tenant really didn't want to move, but needed to live in a less expensive place because she had to replace her car.  Voila!  In the next couple of weeks, we will be trading places.  It will be a lot of working moving at the same time, but I think that it will be a huge blessing for her and will work out okay for us too.  I'm grateful not to have to take a million phone calls on that home.  Now we are focusing on the CV home.  I posted it yesterday and have 5 appointments for next Friday afternoon.  Hope we get a good match then.
 Steve finally picked his retirement gift that he wanted to spend the gift card on that his co-workers gave him.  He bought a really nice tool cabinet.  It is big enough that we needed younger, strong guys to help load and unload it.  Fortunately, Steve and Adam were able to unload it.  Steve already has it full of tools.  Now what do we do with everything else in the barn?
 Last Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day with a nice BBQ with Steve and Adam cooking the brats and hamburgers.  Adam's responsibilities as Bishop didn't allow him to bake homemade rolls so they kept things simple. Thanks, guys, for overseeing the food preparation on our day off.




 After dinner, Britton and Jenna, laughed themselves silly over a book published by the Blackfoot newspaper called "We Don't Make This Stuff Up, The Very Best of the Morning News Police Reports.
Last Sunday morning, I got a text from the Bishop asking me if I could come to church a few minutes early.  Of course, I was running late, but we kicked into gear and made it there about 10 minutes early.  In Sacrament Meeting, Steve and I were released as ward historians.  I was called to be a team teacher with my high school friend, Janet Aikele, of the Valiant 9 class which happens to be Korinne and 13 of her closest friends.  Janet is currently out of town, so Steve went with me today to act as bouncer and I taught.  It went pretty well.  I took photos of each of the kids to help me get acquainted.

We have had lots of rain lately.  I feel like we live in another state.  It has been driving Steve crazy that all three of his lawns are growing so fast and he can't find an opportunity to mow them.  He really doesn't like unruly lawns.  Just now the sun finally peaked its head out behind the clouds but of course, today is Sunday.  I bet he will be mowing it at 7 a.m. in the morning if it isn't raining.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wish I could be around to help you move upstairs! And wow - when is the last time you were a primary teacher? The kids are lucky to have you.

Jackie said...

I team teach the Sunbeams with a wonderful sister in my ward, and it has been the best Primary teaching experience ever. I hope you love it. How fun that you are moving upstairs, however I will miss your cozy little basement.