He also got to attend Jenna's spring dance concert on May 4th. We believe she is the best dancer on the team. He took this picture of Jenna with Adam, Korinne and Hilary.
He picked us up at the airport late on Wednesday night and we spent the next couple of days moving out all of our stuff from the upstairs apartment as we decided to rent it long term to Taylor's former CV tenant and her two boys. I was also working on renting our a client's S. Jordan townhouse so there was plenty to do.
We picked up Tanner from the airport Friday night after meeting a Mike Christensen at the townhouse to get a bid for replacing flooring and doing painting. Tanner had been to an internship interview. He was helpful to getting some of the heavy stuff loaded in the pickup. Again we look like the Clampetts.
I purchased some gorgeous flowers and made a quick trip to a viewing for one of Liberty's friend's, Kim, mother's viewing. I think Kim was surprised and touched to be remembered and I was glad I could be a stand in for Liberty.
I finished up just in time for us to head north so Tanner could meet his shuttle for Rexburg in Brigham City. His help was appreciated and it was nice to spend a few hours with him.
We have a lot of weeds to conquer in our yard. Jameson was interested in watering perennials, but mostly just playing in the water.
Sunday morning the little boys, Jameson and AJ, showed up at our door bearing a homemade gift and card since it was Mother's Day. I was touched. I found out later that Jameson's card was meant for me, but the homemade flower was intended and given to Hilary first. LOL!I am always happy when I get my personal notes mailed to the kids and grandkids with their $1 for a treat. AJ wouldn't let his $1 out of his sight.
The boys helped husk the corn for dinner. Oh what a sweet mess!
Our traditional Mother's Day photos are always interesting especially with a couple of "hams." I loved hearing from our kids via calls, cards and Facetime. It was a nice day.
Our week was spent working at both houses, planting flowers and veggies in CV, having chiropractic appointments in SL and attending the Logan temple and joining our ward members for dinner in the cafeteria.
Sunday we drove to Mona to hear one of our missionary couple friends, the Pextons give their mission report. We drove down from CV that morning and picked up Briggs and Carolee Lovell in SL and all rode together.
Since it was in Mona, I remember that Jen's sister lived there and wondered if it might be her ward.
Sure enough it was. We loved chatting with Jamie after sacrament meeting and meeting some of her children.
The Pextons had arranged to rent a large gathering room in the city building. It was perfect for their family members and us missionaries to have a nice lunch together. It was great to see friends from our mission. Left to right, Marilyn Scoresby, Carolee Lovell, Vickie Briggs, Karen Larsen, Kristen Price
L to R Elder Pexton, Dave Briggs, Steve Price, John Scoresby and D Mark Larsen
L to R- Scoresbys, Carolee Lovell, Larsens, Pextons, Prices and Briggs
After the gathering Carolee Lovell was able to catch a ride back to Idaho with the Scoresbys who live in IF.
We really appreciate you Adam. You are a wonderful husband to Hilary, father and priesthood holder.
We love the mountains as we drive through the canyon between SL and CV. Tuesday, we left early as we had a very full day in SL.
We also love the beautiful blooming trees in our CV yard.
In SL, I attended my BNG meeting, had a doctor's appointment, had the piano moved and attended a sewing class to learn about how to use my electronic sewing machine.
We moved the last of the furniture out of the upstairs apartment and Steve worked on sorting and cleaning our shed which still has more work to make space for our new tenant's belongings also.
Our downstairs living quarters are starting to come together and feel homey. Below is the "hotel" bedroom. We can sleep at least 10 people.
The next day, May 22, we flew to Myrtle Beach to visit Liberty's family for the first time since returning from our mission.







































1 comment:
Wow - just reading about your comings and goings gets complicated! Murray place is looking great and so is the CV yard. You two have moved A LOT of furniture over the years....
Post a Comment