Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009 Here We Come!

Every day I kept thinking I was going to sit down and blob (whoops, I mean blog) for a few minutes but I just couldn't find time to download any pictures. Now it is already a week past New Year's and I have missed my resolution to get to bed early and get up early! Well, I only ate a little candy today. My other resolution is to eat at least 5-7 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day. This is my committment to better health. I will say this much about New Year's Eve. Dad and I gave each other a little kiss at midnight. It was a little kiss instead of a big passionate smooch because he crawled into bed where I was reading and dozing at about 11:55. He was really asleep at midnight but I nudged him awake for the kiss!

After Barak Obama's speech today, I'm ready for anything! Hope everyone has a great year in 2009!

6 comments:

larah said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you were still awake at 12:00 am! I think I was sleeping (until all the fireworks woke me up of course).

Jackie said...

I like the sit down and 'blob' idea. Makes me laugh. We didn't even attempt to stay awake. I think I fell asleep at 8:00. My body is in the wake up at 4:30 am rut and so I fall asleep at about 8:00 in the evening.

Jeff & Liberty said...

I was kind of sad we couldn't just watch the NYC ball drop at 9 or 10pm like we have in years past. We actually HAD to make it to midnight to see it this year.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Keep on blob'n! Go 2009!

Tricia said...

Good luck with the 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables! I find that since it takes longer to prepare those items, I usually end up with a bowl of cereal or something if I want a quick snack. I do hope that we can all be healthier in 2009!

Heather said...

Just think...you could just get all those servings in one tiny capsule?! ha-ha!