As you can see, I'm not quite able to post pictures and commentary in the same post! Maybe in the daylight I will figure it out. We've having trouble with the main computer--it won't read the photo card, so I'm posting for the first time on my laptop and I had to figure out how to download photos from that card onto this computer first. Anyway, it's all way too techy for me but I'm not giving up.
Anyway, back to last Sunday. It didn't hurt a bit that we were still celebrating Utah's big win over "Bama" in the Cottonbowl. Whoops I stand corrected. It was the SUGARBOWL. How could I forget SUGAR? Hooray! Church starts at 9 a.m. this year and we're still attending the "old" ward because they love Steve's gospel doctrine lessons. Bishop Moutsos said, "Why don't you stay until spring?" With such arm twisting, we couldn't resist. After church we loaded up dinner, "country ribs" and Jen and Tay and headed to Grandpa's to visit. Ann broke her leg just before Christmas so that has been a big challenge for them. Taylor and Jen also wanted to visit with them before returning to China. It was a beautiful, clear day and we enjoyed the dinner and the visit. I think that they did too.
We were extra, extra happy to be in church because it was announced that there would be a special fireside that evening in the stake center. Our guest speaker would be President Boyd K. Packer. Our stake president had sent him a letter inviting him to come and speak. On New Year's Day, Pres. Packer called Pres. Boyce and said that he was available this Sunday if he still wanted him. The answer was a big "YES"! Anyway our stake center was completely full 45 minutes before the meeting was to start.
Sister Donna Packer talked first and told family stories particularly about her father walking from Brigham City to Logan to work on the construction of the temple. He served a 2 yr mission doing that. One day the scaffolding broke and he fell. He was administered to and returned to work in a couple of days. She reminded us of Samuel in the temple and counseled us to follow his example and say "Speak Lord, they servant heareth."
Pres. Packer talked about how the Spirit is stronger in the Church. The saints are striving to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Earnestly pray! Read the scriptures! Hang on! Don't give up! Listen to the Spirit! He said quit worrying about the things going on in the world. Persecution of the church will increase. Just follow the Spirit and work on being spiritually sensitive! He pronounced a blessing on the congregation and said gather your families together and say "We're going to do better." It only lasted an hour but we were so uplifted and encouraged by him. He sacrificed so that he might help edify us! It was awesome! We are so blessed! Wow, what a day!
3 comments:
I am with you I need someone to help me figure out how to put the labels under the pictures. Everytime I add a picture to my blog it goes into a different place than I had planned. Maybe we can get together and figure it out. And if we don't figure it out then it will be up to the others to figure out what we are trying to say. Love the pictures.
Wow- what a neat experience! Um, guess that puts Pres. Boyce on the 'radar' all the more, eh?
Uh, that would be the SUGAR Bowl, not the Cotton Bowl, but good job at knowing the name of the team they played! :-)
Post a Comment