Monday, January 12, 2009

The Ham's All Gone!

I know that you are all dying to know that the ham is finally gone! Whew! It's been great and all but after ham & eggs, ham & navy beans, ham haystacks, ham in scalloped potatoes, ham in food storage soup mix (you know the lentil, rice, alphabet stuff), leftovers of each and finally another ham, eggs, toast and orange juice supper tonight, the Christmas ham is gone! Now mind you, I bought the smallest ham in the store. I took it up to Heather and Aaron's and fed their kids a couple of meals. I left some for them but obviously not nearly enough. Fortunately, we've had a variety of other meals in between but I'm still glad THE HAM'S GONE!



On a side note, I might add that I was up early so I could be out to the new Super DMV across the freeway from the prison by 7 o'clock this morning. I had taken special care to have my hair and makeup lookin' good so I would have a respectable photo. It is time to renew my driver's license before the big SIX O, I mean 60 next month. Well, all went well and I was out of there without having to wait in a single line by 7:25 a.m. Just one problem. In spite of all of my fine cosmetological efforts, the picture still looks like a mug shot for entrance to the facility across the freeway. I wondered why they picked that location!

4 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Good, you'll have a break for a couple days before you get to my house and we eat the oinker Jeff just recently learned how to slaughter.

Just kidding--I'll be sure to steer clear of Ham meals while you are here!

larah said...

Wow! That is the meal that just keeps giving and giving!
I don't think that anyone (prepared or not to look their best) have a wonderful drivers license picture. I know I don't.

Heather said...

All those ham meals sounds yummy...of course, we devoured what you left in a day or two!

Jackie said...

I learned a valuable lesson on my last driver's license photo. Do not under any circumstances have anyone go with you when you renew your license because if you do and they make you laugh right as the lady clicks the camera is is REALLY bad. Mug shot with your mouth wide open.....and they won't take another one....and I am stuck with it for about 8 years. I asked our school police officer if all policemen laugh when they pull you over and take your licens back to their car. He just smiled and laughed.