Friday, January 30, 2009

Let the Celebration Begin---


Well, my birthday is coming up so I started with the first activity of my celebration TODAY! I believe in expanding the fun and extending the celebration as long as possible. This year I think it will run for about 2 weeks or maybe even more. Steve, Tiffany, Shawn, Abigail and myself have plans to attend the San Antonio Rodeo, actually I think it's called the Stock Show & Rodeo, combined with a Reba McIntyre concert on Feb. 10th. And I believe that I will have another birthday lunch with friends after that. So, it looks like my big SIX O, will be a two-week party. That's longer than Mardi Gras, isn't it?

Anyway, here you see a bright-eyed, happy picture of my friend, Sue and I. We started a tradition of celebrating our birthdays together in between the actual days. Hers is Jan 21 and mine is Feb. 2. The year is private information. We like to meet at the local Village Inn for an early breakfast with all the trimmings and a lot of talk and laughter. It's great therapy and I always come away renewed, enlightened and entertained. Sue's an awesome friend!

3 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

Shouldn't that really be Celebrations, with a plural "s" ? :)

We can't wait to celebrate with you here in Texas where it is MUCH warmer.

larah said...

Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 26! What fun to be able to celebrate with so many friends and family! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Heather said...

What a great way to kick-off the BIG 60! I think going to breakfast with Sue would be completely entertaining--she's a hoot!