Sunday, August 1, 2010

God's Hand in the Founding of America

This is the presidency message from our Relief Society Newsletter for July. I just wanted to share it.
"As we look around us and see corruption, dishonesty, immorality, laziness, greed etc. it is so discouraging and yet we know that this great land of America was founded, and will be preserved through righteousness. We have the responsibility to reverse trends and help bring back righteousness.
Alexis de Tocqueville, a famous French historian wrote 'I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers, and it was not there; in her fertile fields and boundless prairies, and it was not there; in her rich mines and her vast world of commerce, and it was not there. Not until I went to the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because she is good, and if America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.' "
May God continue to bless America!

No comments: