Sunday, August 8, 2010

Who Skinned The Cat?

I did. Every other week or so we get out the clippers and I trim Steve's hair. I brought the stool into the bathroom and suggested that even though it had only been a week, I thought it needed trimming on top. Usually Steve puts on the guard and then I trim. We don't use a guard for the top, I just trim it to the scalp, but we use a 1/4" guard for the sides.
The guard was already on so assuming that Steve had put it there, I picked it up and started trimming the sides. Quite a bit of hair came off which surprised me. I quickly realized it was the wrong guard. I tried to blend it but it was too late. So he got skinned like he's never been "skinned" before. I put a big piece of McGyver's tape on the "right" guard so hopefully we won't make that mistake again. Well like Steve says, the only difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is two weeks. Let's hope so.
Yesterday in between client appointments, Steve and I decided to check out a few of the homes in the Parade of Homes. On our way to the SW quadrant of the valley, we spotted a brand new "Now Open" In and Out Burger! There were so many cars, we had to park in a dirt lot next door which was actually marked for parking. Obviously, they were expecting a big crowd and they got it. There were a swarm of workers in white uniforms and red caps and aprons. They came out to the cars and the outside tables and were very efficient and happy as they served the customers quickly. I was pretty amazed at how fast we got our food. We liked the burgers with the tomatoes and grilled onions, but didn't care for their fries or shakes. I'm glad we got to try it out, but I don't think that we will hurry back anytime soon.


This was one of our favorite homes so far. Many of the homes were too dark and some had really contemporary decor with lots of bright colors. I guess we are awfully traditional. We like those with lots of light and the restful, peaceful colors.
Today our Sunday School lesson was on work. Steve taught them the 8 "W's" of success. " Work will win when wishy-washy wishing won't." Our kids love Steve. Who doesn't?
After church we had missionaries over to dinner. They were very nice young men. One from Boston, one from Virginia and one from Ogden who is waiting for his visa to go to Mexico. I'm not sure if they liked the chicken cacciatori but they loved the bread sticks with Jackie Jam and 2 of them asked for seconds on the peach dessert. I think that they got filled up. It's always nice to have the missionaries and their humble spirit in our home. May God bless them!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I laughed at your title. I agree with you that everyone loves Steve, I know I do. In fact I love him so much that I got married on his birthday. I am glad that I don't teach the older kids at church. My friend in YW has to teach a lesson on procreation this week. I am teaching a lesson in the nursery called "Heavenly Father Loves Me" I think I got the easier job. I love the missionaries too. Way to feed them Jackie Jam!!

Tiffany Salter said...

There is a good reason I don't even ever touch Shawn's hair!

larah said...

LOVE the haircut!

I have to say that I am not sure what all the hype over In an Out Burger is either. I know a lot better places to get a good burger. But...at least you have tried it out!

Heather said...

Yeah, Aaron and I decided early in our marriage that I would never be his barber. Digging Dad's new 'do':)

Tay and Jen said...

for all of the brothers in law they probably should go to barbers but the Price boys all have the same 'do'. a week will fix his hair, no problem.