Monday, October 25, 2010
October Tomatoes?
Yesterday it rained most of the day and the wind blew like crazy during the night. This morning we woke up to snow, our first of the season. The weather is projected to be near freezing tonight. So late this afternoon I moved most of my flower pots into the garage and went out to cover my two remaining tomato plants which had yet to produce a ripe tomato. To my surprise deep within one of the plants, hidden beneath a mass of foliage were all of these ripe tomatoes. I was totally amazed. I could see a few green tomatoes here and there but it never occurred to me to look within the depths of the plant.
I am happily surprised and I'm looking forward to some homemade spaghetti sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a fun surprise!
There's a great gospel parallel there somewhere.
Snow! How exciting! Lots of tomatoes, wow.
Post a Comment