Sunday, May 8, 2011

Reflecting Back...

Back in early November, 2010, I drove to Idaho Falls with my Dad, my brother Steve and my sister Cathy, for our niece, Jamie's wedding. I recall that this special trip together to support our sister Jackie and her daughter on this joyful wedding day was a treasured memory.
On the way to the wedding, we stopped at St. Marks Hospital to visit Ann who was recovering from knee surgery performed just a couple of days before. This was a touching photo with my Dad giving Ann comfort and encouragement.











As we were assisting in the cleanup of the refreshments, Ethan, Jackie's grandson came over and placed his hand on Dad's shoulder. He said to Dad, "You're a good man and I love you." It was truly a tender and heartfelt moment. It's true Dad--"You're a good man and I love you."























1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is wonderful, Ethan was really heartbroken at Great Grandpa's funeral. Unfortunately he has been to too many funerals this year. I will have to share that story with his mom and dad. I love the picture at the hospital.