Sunday, April 22, 2012

Did I Do My Job?

Yesterday was the State Republican Nominating Convention.  It started at 7 am and continued until the business on the agenda was finished which turned out to be close to 9 p.m. I dropped off my fellow delegates and arrived home about 9:25 p.m. I was a bit tired.  I had spent a lot of time in the previous three weeks attending candidate's events to meet them and hear about their plans, ideas and passions. I asked a lot of questions and took a lot of notes.  I also wrote several blogs about the experience and the concerns I was learning about for the Deseret News/KSL delegate panel I had been selected for.  There was a lot of political rhetoric with some real heartfelt moments sprinkled throughout.  I attended over 30 events and 3 or 4 debates plus some on-line debates held in other areas of the state.  I believe that our biggest accomplishment as delegates was to require Senator Hatch to face a primary election in June. He spent over $5 million to avoid that.  But now the people can have their say.

I got such a kick out of this restroom situation.  I don't think I've ever seen the men's line exceed the women's but this one did.  All day long the men's line was consistently longer than the women's.  Maybe there were a lot more men there than women.  Regardless, I thought this was funny.



Here are the delegates from our ward.  Claudia, Pat and myself were from 2 different precincts but all from our ward.  I was quite succcessful in convincing them to vote my way.  Steve thinks I made the difference in the Hatch vote because he was only 32 votes away from victory.  He said he's sure I convinced at least that many people to vote for Liljenquist.  While I was gone all day, he rebuilt half of the planter box because it had some issues and put in the drip sprinkler system.  Notice our pretty pink blossomed tree we planted last fall.  We just love it!  We are so happy we planted it. 

No comments: