Saturday, April 28, 2012

He's Full of Ideas!

Steve has been full of ideas lately!  I can hardly keep up with him.  That is normally my job- "don't worry if you miss an idea, another one will be along in 15 mintes."  This week he's the Idea Man.  I think that he was tired of my perching my computer on the corner of his desk. So...he wanted to bring the little antique desk up from the basement.  Since he wasn't out of town on Monday, we started the day by disassembling his big desk, moving it and oiling it down.  Then we brought up the other desk.  This is how it looked.  Then we straigthened up the bsmt office and set up a table for my sewing machine.  Mission accomplished!  Whew!
 This week marks the year anniversary of my father's death.  I must admit I've thought of him often.  I think he has been busy and influential in his assignments on the other side of the veil.  I wanted to take Ann to lunch this week, so I was able to arrange for Steve K and Cathy to join Ann and me for lunch.  It was very pleasant  and a nice way to remember Dad.  After the lunch, Cathy and I followed Steve to see the house he is in the process of renovating for I Promise.  He and another fellow are painting, furnishing and fixing this place.  Their kitchen doesn't have a stove and some other amenities so for now, they are the only guys living there.  When it is finished, there will be room for 4 or 5 others and Steve will be the house manager. 
 This "hold the camera out and try to take your own photo" was partially successful.  We've looked better.
Today, I joined with several hundred campaign enthusiasts to meet with Dan Liljenquist and his campaign heads for instruction and committment to help him prepare to defeat Senator Hatch in the June primary election.  After all of my delegate work, I am convinced that it is time for a change in Washington.  It's time for Hatch to retire.
 This is Dan's wife and his youngest daughter, just 2 years old.  I am so appreciative of the sacrifice that she is willing to make for our country.  When I talked with her, I felt almost weepy and overwhelmed with gratitude.  What a terrific family he has!

 I met a new friend today named Deena.  She lives in Senator Hatch's condo building in the downtown area.  We both did a lot of research on his voting record.  I hope that we can repeat this photo at the end of June and our smiles will be just as big as we pose with our next Senator, Dan The Man.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good job on the "office make-over" and all your delegate work!