Sunday, April 15, 2012

Finally a Yard Project...

We have basically waited almost three years to do anything significant to our yard.  Last fall we planted a tree to give some shade and privacy to our bedroom window.  A couple of weeks ago, we bought some blocks to build a planter.  This week Steve worked on this project both before he left for Wyoming and after he returned.



 I helped a little with stacking the blocks to create the planter, but Steve did the large majority of the work.  I am so excited to have a planter box for our tomatoes, peppers, etc.  The neighbors have observed us without saying a word.  Finally Rod, next door, told us he thought it was great.  He asked if we got permission from the HOA and Steve said "No."  It looks so much better that I doubt anyone will complain.  If they do, too bad.  We have a beautiful new planter.  Hooray!
 While Steve was in Wyoming, I was busy selling a house, attending campaign presentations and a taping at KSL TV for selected delegates to share the experience of being a delegate.  It's been a whirlwind week as I have attended 2 or 3 presentations on some days and a state school board meeting on Friday. Then I have been figuring out how to blog and tweet experiences to the Deseret News/KSL group. Ah! The challenges of technology.  Somehow, I managed to squeeze in a book signing for one of my recent favorite books.  Ruta Sepetys, the daughter of a Lithuanian refugee, was in town signing her book Between Shades of Gray, which I highly recommend.  Because I came at the very end of the signing, she had time to visit and pose for pictures so I got one too.  I also squeezed in some visiting teaching and helping a neighbor.  Saturday, I got to tend Jameson while Hilary met with some geneologists on Steve's side of the family.  That brightened up a rather rainy afternoon!  Jenna was a great helper.  Adam was busy with soccer games which was good for me.

No comments: