Sunday, August 19, 2012

42 Years!

On July 30, Steve and I celebrated 42 years of marital bliss.  Well, actually Steve was out of town so we celebrated the next evening and he flew home just to use the tickets the kids gave us and attend the Broadway production of Wicked.  Thanks, everyone!  It reminded us how much we enjoy the theatre, especially musicals, so we bought tickets to two productions at Tuacahn, Aladdin and Hair Spray, in October.  As for the bliss part, if you add up all the blissful moments, we've probably accumulated at least 10 years of bliss.  I will say this, however, the longer we're married, the better it gets.  Maybe it's true that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" because most of the moments we have together nowdays, are extremely enjoyable. We are starting to look forward to Steve's retirement so we will have more time together.  We're not enjoying his travel schedule.
Thanks for the memories!  I love you Steve!!!    

2 comments:

larah said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful milestone to reach. I am glad that you were able to celebrate together.

Tricia said...

And thanks for your example of a strong marriage!