Monday, August 20, 2012

Carolina Summer

 I take walks with the kids while they ride their bikes.  We go swimming most days, play some games and read lots of books.  We've done a little school shopping, a little cooking, laundry and cleanup.
i


 Jeff drove us to the beach early on Saturday morning.  The tide had washed up a stingray, some flounder and most likely a baby snapper.  Libbie watched over our explorations for about 20 minutes and then we headed home. Libbie tries to get out but then the next day she pays for it and spends most of the time in bed. Sitting in bed is pretty boring.  My crochet projects haven't worked out too well but we've at least had a few laughs over them.






 We all wish for an instant recovery for Libbie but so far it is slow.  We are grateful for her progress as she is working very hard to eat and drink the small servings I bring her. I'm enjoying the kids but feel badly that we are "sitting in the sun" while she's caught in the thunderstorm so to speak.  As my grandmother told me during my first pregnancy.  "This too shall pass.  You'll live through this".  I didn't like her answer but it was true.  Hang in there, Libbie. You are doing a great work!

2 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

thank you for coming. you saved us once again!

Tricia said...

Glad you were able to help Libbie out. She is in our prayers!