These two pictures belong to the previous post. Elsie and Brinley were entertaining us with a comedy routine and these pictures were somehow deleted. It was a fun demonstration of their creativity.
Later the second week of December, Steve worked in Seattle and I hung out in South Carolina on the opposite side of the country. I arrived on Wednesday afternoon just in time to watch the kids decorate their Christmas tree and do some homework.
Thursday I was fortunate to attend Sadie's first grade Christmas program. She was adorable in her "frosty" costume. She knew all the words and actions to her songs. She loved being on the stage and having us in the audience clapping for her.
Thursday night Benson and Sadie performed in "A Christmas Carol" put on by a regional theatre group. They both performed over 20 times from Thanksgiving to Christmas. It was a big commitment for their family. Here is Benson backstage before the show reading on his kindle.
Friday morning I loved attending Granparents' Breakfast with Benson and Sadie at their school. That was an opportunity I have missed way too many times so I was thrilled that it took place during my brief visit.
Here is a photo of Sadie directly under her artwork displayed on the wall of the cafeteria. Her picture is on the top row directly above her head. Friday night Libbie and I had front row seats for the play. Benson played Tiny Tim and sang a solo part which he did extremely well. Sadie played a Cratchet daughter and a street urchin in a very convincing manner. Both of them were absolutely adorable. In my opinion, they stole the show. I was bursting my buttons.
The bags of Starburst candy were given to them by a friend who always attends their performances. I believe Sadie was motivated to try out for the part so she could get a bag of Starbursts from their friend.
On Saturday, I was on my way back home. Steve spent his week working in Seattle. I'm sorry that he had to miss out on that fun couple of days. It was a short but sweet visit.
One last photo of the kids before I left shows cute little Xander playing with the Nativity Scene.
1 comment:
Such cute SC kids! Wish I could have seen their show! Glad you were able to make it. . . even if it meant an extra trip. :)
Post a Comment