Saturday, January 11, 2014

Zumba Anyone?

 Libbie and I decided to celebrate McKay's birthday shaking, rocking and rolling at a zumba class.  Libbie attends a class on a regular basis. This was my first exposure to zumba.  Since her regular class wasn't being held during the holiday break, she and her instructor friend found another one to attend.  It had a good number of "mature" ladies so that gave me some confidence right out of the shoot.  I figured that I could keep up with these "old" ladies. I was pleased that I was able to hold my own.  The lady next to me thought I was lying that it was my first class.  I had carefully positioned myself so that she was the only person who could really see me.  Good plan to avoid embarrassment.
I thought it was quite fun.  Now I need to find a zumba class of my own.
 Later that morning we went for a walk on the boardwalk.  It was chilly enough that Steve and Libbie succumbed to the temptation to stop at a tourist shop and purchase hoodie sweatshirts.  They were fortunate to find some non-neon sweatshirts that fit them.  We have to remember not to put them in the dryer when they are laundered or they may be passed on to Benson and Sadie.
 We joined the ranks of the MB tourists.  Note the Ferris wheel in the background.  It's off season so it wasn't running.

 The fishermen on the pier were having success but the fish were small.  I'll bet they were tasty though.  In spite of the chill Xander was happy to be outside in the stroller.

 Xander gets excited to stand and seems to enjoy taking a few steps with assistance.


 The next morning before we left for the airport, we took one more stroll on the beach.  Those hoodie sweatshirts came in handy again but it was a little warmer that day.



 It's always hard for me to say goodbye.  We love you southerners and we had a great visit.  Happy New Year to all.
 We arrived home on New Years Eve and decided to stay over at the condo.  The next morning I needed to do a few things before we left for CV.  One was to stop by and visit my 92-year old friend, Arlys.  She was happy to have me back in town.
 We joined Hilary and Adam's family for a New Years supper.  Adam's parents were visiting too just before leaving on their second mission. I think that we were skyping with Taylor's family in this photo.
Happy New Year to all.  We hope that 2014 will be a year of rejoicing as we work to focus on the good things in life and our blessings.

No comments: