Saturday, July 4, 2015

Ragnar & More

 One really delightful experience we had in June was hosting Tanner's Ragnar team on Thursday, June 18th.  He and 11 friends camped out at our place along with 3 driver/chaperone's.  This was a really fine bunch of young people.  They were so polite and appreciative and delightful to be around.




 They played yard games, ate and watched a little Netflicks.  I think they slept a bit.  The boys and a couple shared the upstairs level.  The girls and a woman driver slept in the basement.  I think Tanner slept under the stars on the deck.
 Here a group of the guys helped with cleanup after dinner.  They didn't eat much of the ice cream and donuts we gave them as an evening treat.  I was surprised at how much food we had left over. Fifteen people, plus Steve and I, should have consumed a lot more food.







 Steve cooked his famous pancakes the next morning.  We did our best to give them fruit, veggies and lots of carbs for energy.


 The team did a fabulous job.  One runner got dehydrated as it was very hot and had to have IV's.  In spite of it all they placed 9th in the men's division and about 25th overall out of about 1000 teams.  That is amazing!  Congrats to this fine group!
 The rest of the month Steve and I worked at organizing our upstairs apartment and our respective business endeavors.  We walk together most days either in the evenings or early mornings when it is cooler.  Here is the beautiful walk we enjoy from our work-week cabin.
 Our CV neighborhood often hosts a gathering in the nearby culdesac with a portable fire pit.  If we have time, we stop by for a visit.  We have also been rather busy with yard work and getting our rentals ready for new tenants.  Steve mowed a lot of grass in June.
 He also dismantled an unstable playset in the back yard of our CV rental.  It was a hazard.  This yard is looking much better.  Hilary helped us clean the house and get it ready for our tenants to move in on the 23rd.

 One weekend we visited a local summer art festival.  We were on the lookout for some new artwork for our upstairs place.  We found something both of us liked.

 We got a kick out of this sign.  We think that the intention of the Asian artist was to request that people don't touch.  Unusual request.
 We love sitting out on our deck after working hard in the yard to enjoy the sunset and the fruits of our labors.  We have some gorgeous sunsets in CV.   Steve loves a nice lawn and I love pretty flowers.  Hopefully we can continue to enjoy both.


 It is frustrating that I can't get the photos in the order I want.  Here is Tanner's group in their traveling van.  Below Tanner takes the baton from the first runner and takes off for his first leg of the race.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I haven't made a Ragnar post yet because I'm waiting for some other pics - thanks again for hosting the group!