Occasionally we were able to visit the local farmer's market. We share a pancake with blueberries and buttermilk syrup and buy corn or cucumbers--things we don't have in our garden this year.
Right after everyone left, Steve discovered a water issue in the storage room. Actually McKay had mentioned that he thought the carpet felt cold/wet when he was here. Steve investigated further and discovered that the bottom water container in our stack had a slow leak at the seam. He had to remove everything and dry it out. It took several days to dry it out and couple more days to reorganize everything. I believe it is organized better than ever and now I have a wrapping station in there too. It's nice to have a place for that out of my sewing room.
Jenna has been busy in my sewing room for a couple of weekends sewing diapers for our Zimbabwe baby kit project. I cut them and pin them and she sews around them twice. We are making sure that they are sturdy since no one in Zimbabwe will have a machine to repair them.
We've picked a lot of beans and frozen plenty for the winter season. Our freezer has lots of bags of beans and tomatoes. Our neighbors have enjoyed our bounty too. What a blessing a garden can be.
I have sold several houses several times this summer. Right after our reunion, all of my transactions failed so I have been busy selling them again. Hopefully some of them will close in the next two weeks.
Steve was able to attend our Broker Network summer party this year. It was a very enjoyable event. Here Steve poses by our friend's beautiful water feature with Jill and her husband Dan and the hostess Lin.
It's been a glorious summer but it seems like it went by all too quickly. Thanks to our family for making so many special memories. P.S. Did I mention that Steve mowed a lot of grass this summer? He can probably tell you how many steps he walked.







1 comment:
I agree. Summer flew by so quickly!
Post a Comment