April 6th has special significance in our family. First of all we acknowledge this date as the actual birthday of our Savior. We also recognize its importance as the official date of the organization of Christ's restored church in the latter days on April 6, 1830.
We will add a few important events of our own. Steve and I were engaged to be married on April 6, 1970. We were listening to LDS Conference and having a picnic on a spot of rare green grass, when Steve produced a small box containing a ring and "popped" the question. We later realized that we were overlooking the city dump. It's kind of like life, you find a nice green spot to enjoy your picnic but a few "stinky realities" sometimes dampen things. We have always chosen to dwell on the green grass and not focus on the nearby dump. I guess you see what you choose to see. Well here it is 39 years later, and we're still forcusing on the green grass.
On April 6, 1996 Aaron M. asked our daughter, Heather, to marry him. She said "YES!"
This date is also Tricia & McKay's wedding anniversary. They were married in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple on April 6, 2000.
Our son-in-law Jeff was born on this day a mere 30 years ago. Congratulations, Jeff, you finally get to join the real grownups!
3 comments:
I am so glad that you married Steve. He has been a great blessing in my life. I loved all the time I spent with your family while I was growing up. And I am glad that you gave the quote from President Monson. I tried to listen to conference as much as possible but spent most of the weekend on the bathroom floor with a lovely case of food poisoning. I find it interesting that most of the speakers spoke on topics that were exactly what I needed to hear. Amazing how that works. I'm so glad that TIf is there!
Nice thoughts about the green grass. You've heard the quote "The grass is greener on the other side because they are using manure." Sometimes the stinky realities help us to appreciate the beautiful moments more. We are sure enjoying our screen porch that you helped us to beautify while you were in town! Thanks again!!!
One more tidbit...Aaron and I were also engaged on April 6, 1996 and it happened to be conference weekend as well. April 6th ranks up there on 'favorite days of the year' for sure!
Post a Comment