Sunday, April 19, 2009

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A SWEET GOODBYE?

Hugs from Abigail are so sweet and they preceded my trip to the airport to drop of Tiffany and Abigail. On Wednesday, "Tax Day" we had about 4 " of snow, 38 degree temperatures and sent our sweet girls back to the sunshine of Texas. Tiffany worked so hard at packing, hauling and unpacking. We really appreciated her willingness, hard work and "this isn't so bad" attitude. She is an angel!!! We are still working at putting the house together. Here Steve hangs one of our favorite pictures-a painting of the Washington DC Temple. He is determined to get settled and works very hard at it.
Saturday afternoon we loaded up the pickup and a trailer and hauled carpet and furniture to Hilary and Adam's to store in their basement. They willingly cooperate and help us unload everything. Thanks for letting us stay overnight, enjoy the grandkids, have a great breakfast and attend church with your family. We love our visits to your home.

Korinne is all bathed and cleaned up after playing outside most of the day in 60+ degree weather. Her pink face matched her pajamas since no one thought to bring out the sunscreen. Ouch! The beautiful weather caught us all off guard. Note the cute shoes forever on the wrong feet.
It was a gorgeous day especially the Cache Valley sunset.

Yesterday as I was serving in the temple, I recognized my music teacher from my Ricks College days. Marilyn Humphries taught me voice lessons when I was a student there over 40 years ago. I wasn't a star pupil but I tried hard. My voice wasn't outstanding, but she did have a very positive influence on my life and she helped to prepare me for music callings I would hold in the church. My music callings have brought me so much joy. I was flooded with emotion and gratitude that I had the opportunity to thank her for the gifts she gave me. We reminisced a bit and then she told me about the three years she and her husband spent teaching English in China sponsored by our church. Since our son Taylor and his wife Jen, live in China currently, her experiences were very meaningful to me. I'm looking forward to going there someday soon to visit them. Isn't it great how Heavenly Father blesses with these sweet experiences and sometimes they come just when we are feeling a bit discouraged or overwhelmed by current circumstances? This was a tender moment for me and I'm thankful for it. I love the temple!

3 comments:

larah said...

I can't wait to see your new home! From what I have seen on your blog it looks beautiful. Maybe you'll get a new music calling in your new ward.

Tay and Jen said...

I agree. The temple is the greatest place to be and I have been so blessed by the opportunity to attend. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tay and Jen said...

That is neat they came here for so long. You and dad should come over too!
Tay