Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We're finished!!!

Steve moved that last "ton of junk" out of the garage today! He also got the TV dish reception hooked up at the new house this afternoon. We met with the tenants tonight and gave them the keys and got the rent for May. We gave them a credit for the last week of April for staining the deck and fixing the sprinklers. Great trade don't you think? Now we don't even have to go back for that!
Unfortunately now we have even more stuff to deal with here but for tonight we are happy to be MOVED and we're tired. We'll tackle some of those boxes tomorrow--unless a baby decides to make an appearance. That would give me a good excuse to postpone the organizing.

I was home for about 1 hour this afternoon in between appointments. The Welcome Lady from the homeowners association came by and said "hello". She also gave me a folder of rules and regulations and had me sign that I had received them. I guess they don't want anyone complaining when their car gets towed away. There is this tow truck that circles the complex quite often looking for victims. She assured me that the HOA did not hire the tow truck. The city is just making sure that the fire trucks can get through so no parking on the street is allowed. Oh, well, now we have been officially welcomed and warned. Where's the cookies?

Just to be fair, the neighbors across the street brought us cookies the day we moved the furniture in. They were hot out of the oven too! The cookies I mean, not the neighbors.

3 comments:

larah said...

good luck with all the HOA regulations. That sounds like it could be "fun".

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congrats on finishing the move! I assume you are referring to Heather's baby...and not your own?

Tiffany Salter said...

So glad you are all done, and I am even more glad that I didn't have to help with that last batch. (Laughing!) I am still tired from our trip...