Friday, May 1, 2009

What's More Fun Than a Root Canal?

Tending my Idaho grandkids after the birth of a new baby brother is lots more fun than a root canal. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were full of music lessons, gymnastics, Tavaci practices, homework, cooking, LAUNDRY, (lots of laundry) holding a precious baby, hugging Elsie, baking cookies and lots of fun.

I left at 5:30 a.m. Thursday to travel through Logan to give Hilary supplies for our mailer and then back to Salt Lake for the Brusch twins memorial service. I was enjoying the scenery of the beautiful drive through Idaho's farm country, the sunrise and the quiet reflective time until I stopped at a school crosswalk in Smithfield. I thought it was interesting that there were 2 crossings guards. One had a daughter and a baby in a stroller waiting on the sidewalk. I thought that must have been a challenge in the winter. The other had a boy friend mooning around on the other sidewalk. It had to be a boyfriend because husbands don't do that. Anyway, as I drove on down the street I noticed a flashing red light behind me so I dutifully pulled over. So did the police car behind me. I was flabergasted and couldn't think what I had done to deserve this attention. He approached my car and told me that I hadn't waited until both guards were on the sidewalk and had dropped their arms and signs down. He was enjoying every minute of giving me a ticket and then he said that the insurance on the vehicle wasn't registered in his data base even though I had a card stating it was insured. So he gave me a ticket for that too. This whole experience didn't give me any warm fuzzies. In fact it totally annoyed me and I found myself quite grumpy.

After putting together the real estate mailer with Hilary and receiving hugs from Korinne and Jenna , I headed out again so that I could get home in time for the twins' funeral. Steve and I thought it was a very nice service. Both grandfather's spoke and gave very appropriate and comforting remarks. Randy Brusch did an excellent job. I wish I had a copy of his remarks. They were so well stated.

Steve and I then went over to the title company to sign the documents to refinance our home at 4.67%. Thanks to Adam, we will retire the loan on our other rental property that has a 6 or 7% interest rate.

By the time I got home from Book Club last night, I was pooped. On top of all that I felt I was coming down with a cold and I had a throbbing toothache. Before I went to bed I drank Airborne, gargled with salt water and tried to soak in the tub, but the water wasn't very hot. Hope we're not having water heater problems.

The night was a long, uncomfortable one until Steve finally got up and got an ibuprofen for my toothache. It really did help and I was able to sleep after that. I felt much better this a.m. as the cold didn't fully develop. I'm still drinking fizzies and taken vitiamin C, zinc, etc. I was so grateful when Joe Meier's office called me back and said they had a cancellation and to come right over. The root canal wasn't fun but it was appreciated. Thank you Dr. Meier & staff!

4 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Sorry about the ticket...and the root canal. Not so fun!

I wish I could find a good honest dentist. Maybe Jeff will let me come to Utah to get the crown I still need.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

larah said...

Wow! You have been busy! So sorry about the ticket. We got pulled over coming back from Vegas and were accused of being the "gaudian's of the left lane". Yeah that went over well with Jake at the wheel.

Sorry about the root canal. Hopefully you feel better now though.

Heather said...

Double grrr on the tickets...sounds like a slow morning for that cop! Thanks again for all of the help - we couldn't have done it without you!

Tay and Jen said...

That was really nice of you to take the time to go to the funeral. My parents were touched that you would come, and Jon and Rachel especially thankful. Hope you continue to feel better.