Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hooray for McKay!

This beautiful, sunny, Sunday morning, Steve and I actually got up early so we could head out to the airport to visit with McKay for a few minutes in between flights. He has been attending a conference in Reno and will spend the entire day waiting and flying back to Tallahassee. We got to visit for about an hour and a half and the time really flew by. Steve took this photo of the three of us together. We are praying for McKay and his family as he has just started the interview process. Academic jobs on college campuses are scarce right now so he could use a little Divine intervention. He's also teaching at FSU and working hard to finish his dissertation and hopefully get published. We were grateful for this opportunity to catch up. It worked out perfectly and we still made it to church.
You can see McKay in his stylish outfit, suit jacket with jeans, meeting me in the airport. I told Steve last week that this was stylish. I'm not certain he felt stylish last Sunday when we were in Idaho to see our grandkids perform in their Primary program. Steve forgot the pants to his suit, so he wore a very similar outfit to church. He felt it was a good idea to "wear the best you have, but don't be intimidated if your Sunday attire is lacking." There was no way he was going to miss seeing his grandkids perform because of a pair of pants. He looked better than Tom Cruise on the Tonight Show. We believe that the Lord understands and would still like us to choose to worship on Sunday anyway.

Yesterday, Hilary and Adam's family was in town for his sister Kim's nuptial open house. Here Jenna, Britton and Korinne enjoy a popsicle and some spaghetti before going to the celebration. Notice the Marie Calendar's pies we had to celebrate Hilary's recent birthday. Silly kids choosing popsicles. More pie for us!

3 comments:

Heather said...

How fun to see the 'professor'! I had to chuckle when I saw the jeans and thought of Dad's 'outfit' last Sunday. The kids will forever remember that one...

larah said...

How fun that you got to see Mckay before he headed back home.

Jackie said...

I told our bishop when he called me to be the Nursery leader that I ought to be able to wear pants to church. He said great! I don't think I actually would, but it is nice to know you are welcome in whatever you have. Primary programs are the best. I got to see grandkids in two programs this year. My favorite was 4 year old Benjamin singing with his back to the congregation.