Thursday, March 25, 2010
Back to Basics!
It's been awhile since I had the old sewing machine out, but I have been wanting to make a cover for our silk comforter that I bought last fall in China. I had found some flat sheets on sale and had cut and pinned them together to make the cover but I just hadn't gotten around to sewing it. Well I finally got around to it while I was mourning and trying to recover after the passage of the healthcare bill on Sunday. There's nothing like getting a nagging chore done to help you get out of a funk. So I started sewing. When I finished and got ready to change our bedding, I discovered a hole in my favorite sheets where my rough feet rub against them. Well, it's a $50 bill nowdays to get new sheets. Therefore, I became resourceful. I cut a big patch from the leftover cover material and began sewing. The patch is on the underside so it won't show that much. I'm glad that my sewing machine still works. There may be a lot more patching going on in the future. The old fashioned ways may become the new fashion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember that sewing machine. You are my hero. You always have been and always will be
Post a Comment