Sadie took to Papa right away when we arrived last night. First thing this morning, she wanted to know where Papa was.
We stopped in at some of the favorite Vermont specialty places. Here is Sadie helping herself to some recently pressed apple cider at the Cold Hollow Cider mill. She's been there often enough to be a pro. The cider donuts are yummy too. It was fun watching them press the cider.

Burlington is on the edge of Lake Champlain. It is beautiful and looks like it would be a lot of fun on a nice summer day. Today the wind was brisk and quite cold so we stopped for the photo op only.

Of course, we had to stop by the Cabot Cheese store and La Brioche, where the students of the New England Culinary Institute practice on the public in Montpelier, the capitol of Vermont. We skipped the maple farms because they haven't started collecting the sap yet and we've been there before.

Here we are on the tour of the Champlain Chocolate Factory. This time of the year there are NO crowds in Vermont. Another couple came so they held a tour and sample tasting just for us. Sadie loved the chocolate except for the extra dark, but thought the tour was a bit boring.
Of course, we had to stop by the Cabot Cheese store and La Brioche, where the students of the New England Culinary Institute practice on the public in Montpelier, the capitol of Vermont. We skipped the maple farms because they haven't started collecting the sap yet and we've been there before.
Libbie, Jeff and Benson read and snuggle in an electric wrap designed for cold winter nights in Vermont. Tomorrow Benson has the day off from school so he will join in our adventures.
4 comments:
I do not think I helped my case much when the officer swaggered up to the car and asked me what I thought I had done. I immediately told him that I did not know, but that I thought he was about to tell me. NO sence of humor at all!
Then to top it off, after the ticket was issued he asked me if I were in the active military. I said no and then asked, if I were what would happen. He told me that he would sent a ticket to my commanding officer. As he was walking away, I said to him," don't you think I look a little old to be in the army?"
I heard him chuckel to himself, knowing that he had helped the depleated revenue coffers in his small hamlit and that I was way too old to be a fighting man. Did I say he had no sence of humor? Well in a weird way, he did. Just glad I had enough bail money!
Dad
oh man- I am sorry to hear about the ticket! That is not fun. During Shawn's recent trip to Nevada his boss (???) got 2 speeding tickets in 1 day.
On a brighter note, I am glad you guys are having a good time. Abigail and I really enjoyed our trip there. If things ever get settled around here, I would like to to go back again.
What a fun trip (minus the speeding ticket...not so fun). There are so many neat things to see out that way! Say hi to the family!
I have got to get myself to Vermont, it seems to be fun place, and Jeff and Libbie go go go.
Post a Comment