Last night the power went out before I started fixing supper. It turned out to be out for over five hours so we improvised. We had breakfast for supper and supper for breakfast. Which turned out to be cold cereal. We had fun playing games, putting labels and stamps on my mailer and reading our scriptures. Then we pulled out the flashlights and extra blankets so we could keep warm during the night. We kind of felt like we were camping. After everyone realized we couldn't do almost everything we usually do, then it turned into fun. I was happy when the electricity came back on about 10 p.m. so I could clean things up a bit, take a bath and have the furnace running. I was sleeping on the floor in front of the gas fireplace because what else was there to do? I'm grateful for a bed and electricity!!!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
IT'S ALWAYS FUN WHEN GRANDMA COMES...
When Grandma comes, hooray! I think that it's supposed to say Grandpa but Steve's in Oregon so I'm having all the fun. While the parents are away, the children will play. Since Korinne, Britton and Jenna's parents are out of town, we are making messes and having lots of fun. After school today, we decorated Easter eggs. This was a serious project but we got the creative juices flowing. We cracked a couple of eggs but they like hard boiled eggs so no problem. 

Last night the power went out before I started fixing supper. It turned out to be out for over five hours so we improvised. We had breakfast for supper and supper for breakfast. Which turned out to be cold cereal. We had fun playing games, putting labels and stamps on my mailer and reading our scriptures. Then we pulled out the flashlights and extra blankets so we could keep warm during the night. We kind of felt like we were camping. After everyone realized we couldn't do almost everything we usually do, then it turned into fun. I was happy when the electricity came back on about 10 p.m. so I could clean things up a bit, take a bath and have the furnace running. I was sleeping on the floor in front of the gas fireplace because what else was there to do? I'm grateful for a bed and electricity!!!
Last night the power went out before I started fixing supper. It turned out to be out for over five hours so we improvised. We had breakfast for supper and supper for breakfast. Which turned out to be cold cereal. We had fun playing games, putting labels and stamps on my mailer and reading our scriptures. Then we pulled out the flashlights and extra blankets so we could keep warm during the night. We kind of felt like we were camping. After everyone realized we couldn't do almost everything we usually do, then it turned into fun. I was happy when the electricity came back on about 10 p.m. so I could clean things up a bit, take a bath and have the furnace running. I was sleeping on the floor in front of the gas fireplace because what else was there to do? I'm grateful for a bed and electricity!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun to spend that time with your grandkids! It looks like you are keeping them busy...or are they keeping you busy?
Post a Comment