Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Wonder Weekend!

The "Wonder Weekend" actually started on Thursday with a trip to the Heritage State Park. We went first thing since the temperature was predicted to hit at least 100 degrees (which it did all weekend). It worked perfectly for us because we were able to leave when it really started getting hot. Abigail, Tiffany and I enjoyed the train rides, pony rides, displays and festivities. This pony ride photo was actually taken earlier in the week at Gardner Village but she also rode the pony at Heritage Park.

Abigail was excited when she was able to complete the milking game that pioneer children used to learn how to milk the cows and goats.

And she loved washing the clothes.


My sister, Jackie, arrived on Friday afternoon. She brought with her coveted tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert. We had an early spaghetti dinner and then Jackie, Tiffany, Steve K. and I headed downtown for the performance. Grandpa Steve arrived home from his Alaska trip just in time for dinner and an evening of movies and popcorn with Abigail.

Here we pose just before the concert. The performance commemorated the choir's 100 years of recorded music. It was an amazing evening. Our prophet, Pres. Monson, attended and said a few words. It was an experience to remember.


The next morning Tiffany and Jackie headed to the Jordan River Temple while Abigail helped me tend to the flower garden. After Abigail heard me talking with the neighbor about the concert the night before and I mentioned how much I loved her flag shirt, Abigail ran in the house and put on a flag shirt over her purple dress. Then she needed her sun glasses and her hat. When we couldn't find her hat she settled for my "flag" visor because she loves "flags" too.
Next we headed out for an excursion at the pedicure salon. This was Jackie's first experience with a pedicure. I'm so excited that she was able to enjoy this pampering experience with Tiffany and me. This is one of the best gifts I give myself. I truly love pedicures.

Next came lunch. We stopped back home to collect Abigail so Grandpa Steve could have a break. Then we headed to Red Lobster where we met my sister Cathy, and my brother, Greg, for lunch. It was really nice that Jackie got an opportunity to visit with her siblings on this trip. We forgot to take our photo so you will just have to imagine how handsome we looked.
Everyone relaxed after lunch and I got to show 10 houses to some prospective buyers.


Sunday a.m. when Jackie headed back to Idaho, Tiffany, Abigail and I went down to Temple Square. We had a delightful morning and I was tickled to get a parking space right next to the entrance gate.



It really was a wonderful weekend for me--spending time with some of my favorite people and doing some of my favorite things. All in all, it was a very "sunny" weekend.
Added to the joy of my weekend was that I was able to visit or skype with most of my children. I love connecting with them. My cup runneth over with blessings.

No comments: