"Are you really giving me this cake to play with?" Will looks at Grandpa Steve questioningly.

"Okay, then. I'll have at it."

Since we were leaving China 4 days prior to Will's birthday, we decided to have an early celebration.

Cake is a rare item in China. I think Will enjoyed the strawberry cake, but probably not as much as Taylor and Jen did. Jen enjoys having a real oven in their new apartment which makes it possibly to bake. Chinese don't bake so ovens are rare. They boil, steam and stir-fry.

Here Jen, Taylor and Will put Will's new toys together. Jen is a real whiz at assembling so she is the chief engineer on the project.

Earlier in the day we all took Will to the kiddie pool in their complex. It is very shallow, large and fun for Will. He loves it.

It even has a slide which I'm sure Will would tackle on his own if his parents would allow it. Maybe next summer.


"Hey, come on in with me. The water's fine!"
2 comments:
I can't beleive that Will is already one! Where does the time go?!
Happy birthday Will! Love the new blog background.
Post a Comment