Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Pennsylvania...

Since I'm not sure how many family members will make it out to visit the Pennsylvania cousins anytime soon, I will give you a quick tour of Tricia and McKay's cute home. Here is McKay in front of the house just before leaving for work.
There were some tradeoffs because they lost their beautiful master bath, but gained a two car garage. I think they made a wise choice because I know what winter is like in PA. Their family room is spacious and filled with entertainment options including the keyboard, toys and a TV.

Fortunately there is a half bath near the family room and screened porch so the kids can dash in at the last minute--you know kids.
This spacious full bath is located on the upper floor adjacent to the 3 bedrooms.
The kitchen was pretty nice but I think that Tricia misses her pantry and some of her counter space. The under-the-cabinet lighting added a nice ambiance.

The master bedroom had room for this small study area and a sewing table for Tricia on the other wall.

Jessica and Cameron share this bedroom. I slept here too during my visit. The kids took turns on the pull out mat and loaned their beds to me.

Thomas reigns in this bedroom.

There's a nice laundry/storage room in the basement. There is another room full of empty boxes that is as big as a bedroom. Do you think they are planning to stay long?
They bought a 2nd car so now Tricia doesn't drive McKay to campus every day. She's loving the extra time to fix dinner and the freedom to go somewhere during the day.
The kids spend a lot of time playing in the screen porch. They are fortunate to have one again!
This is the window in the living room. You will notice the beautiful hardwood floors throughout lots of the house.

The living room opens right up into the kitchen and dining with this pass through openings. It gives the house a spacious, open feel.

Happy is the family that currently lives here.

2 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

This was obviously written by a real estate agent. :) Thanks for the online tour.

Jeff & Liberty said...

We are looking forward to seeing their place in person over the thanksgiving break! I'm so pleased that a Christmas Tree Shop is nearby...