Sunday, February 27, 2011
Double The Fun!
I had finally managed to coordinate my annual birthday lunch with my February birthday friends. It took several weeks to get everyone together. Within about 10 minutes of finalizing the date and time, my cousin called and invited me to lunch and to visit an art exhibit of the famous Danish Christian artist Carl Bloch. Of course, it was the same day.
Luckily, I was able to squeeze both of these delightful activities into my day. I met Maretta, Marlene, and Mynon for lunch at 11:30. My cousin, Liz, picked me up at the restaurant at 1:15. Then we headed south and picked up another cousin, Vickie. We were also joined by Liz's dad, my Uncle Bill. Lest you think that I am a total pig. I only drank water throughout the second lunch, but enjoyed the company. The art exhibit was amazing. I'm so glad that I got to see it. I really don't "do lunch" very often but this day was full of reminiscing--some a little sad but mostly I was grateful to reunite with people I love and don't see often enough. Bill, who was married to my mother's sister, Yvonne, talked a lot about the MM sisters and quite a bit about my mother. I loved hearing the stories. I felt doubly blessed on Tuesday and I'm grateful for my friends and my relatives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, talk about Miss popularity! Glad that you were able to make both lunches and impressed that you didn't eat anything at the second lunch. Here's to good food, friends and memories.
I want to hear more about the MM sisters!
I would also love to hear the stories about the MM sisters!! I'm sure they were a force to be reckoned with!
Post a Comment