Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Since Steve was out of town for my birthday, we decided to celebrate on Saturday and we decided to do something we've never done. Tay and Jen love to meet their friends as Ruth's Diner for breakfast. Neither of us had ever eaten in Ruth's diner which has been around since way before our time-1930 to be exact. So we we headed to Ruth's for an artichoke omelet and corned beef hash. I have to admit that the huge warm biscuits and raspberry jam were our favorite things. It was fun trying something new and it was definitely fun going out to breakfast. I had lots of calls, emails and cards on my birthday. Probably my favorites were the birthday songs sung by grandkids. Thanks, Grandkids! I loved those songs.
Steve was generous too. I enjoyed shopping for myself and getting a few new clothes at bargain prices, a new watch and some new jammies. Thanks, Steve.

Today I gave my first lesson as first counselor in the ward R.S. presidency. I spent a lot of time in preparation and I think it went well, but it was far from the perfectly coordinated experience I prefer. I'm still Steve's assistant in our Sunday school class, but he does most of the teaching now. All of this activity should keep us out of trouble this year.

No comments: