Benson has been practicing diligently since the beginning of the year for his role in the local college production of the Music Man. Thursday night was the preview or dress rehearsal night. He does such an outstanding job that the cast members call him "The Professional". He follows direction exactly.
He sings, dances and talks with a lisp. It is truly amazing to watch him perform. It was all I could do not to cry with joy.
Sadie was pretty much enthralled throughout the show. When it ended she wanted to see her "Benson movie" again.



I received a little hug after the performance. Lucky me!
Sadie is a bit of a star in her own right. I wish I could remember all of the funny, cute things she has said in the past couple of days. When Jeff was downloading Benson's scenes from the video camera to the computer, he was assisted by Sadie. He told her that she gets to go to the performance 3 times since she is 3 years old. She said "No, I'm five."
Benson and Sadie are enjoying a strawberry shortcake with whipped cream.
Sadie dressed up in her Sleeping Beauty dress for "princess" day at the pre-school story time at the local library.
Sadie and Benson have a little relaxing play time before the evening performance. Sadie has really missed her play time with Benson these past few weeks.
One of the few real mild sunny moments of the week found us out in the driveway while Sadie rode her bicycle. The majority of my time here, the weather has been cloudy, rainy and chilly--somewhere in the 40 degree range. I wasn't even tempted to go to the beach for a walk. Next week will warm up about 20 degrees.
One of the few real mild sunny moments of the week found us out in the driveway while Sadie rode her bicycle. The majority of my time here, the weather has been cloudy, rainy and chilly--somewhere in the 40 degree range. I wasn't even tempted to go to the beach for a walk. Next week will warm up about 20 degrees.
2 comments:
Wish my kids could see their cousin in action! Glad you made it!
We are bummed we will miss the show too. Glad you got to be there to capture the performance!
Post a Comment