One week later, I'm sitting in a horse-drawn sleigh in the falling snow with Korinne, Jenna, Britton, Adam, Hilary and Steve.
We were observing a large herd of Elk at a wildlife management area called Hardware Ranch. Steve and I had never been there before so we really enjoyed the opportunity to experience this "up close and personal."
The kids pose with Mr. Elk in the visitors center.
We had a "hands on" experience touching lots of fur hides. It was really interesting to feel the different textures of various animals.


Our trip north actually began with an invitation for Steve to join Hilary and Adam at a comedy show on Friday night. I was the designated babysitter for the evening while they went to the show. I can't complain since I had gone to the theatre several times the week before. I am happy that they were able to go and experience some good, clean humor and have a lots of laughs.
Sunday turned into a rather busy day too. First we had our Sunday school lesson and then after church I had to attend PEC and ward council since the R.S. Pres was gone and I'm the lst counselor. After dinner, I went to Aunt Coral's assisted living center to visit with my Dad, Ann and Coral while my brother Steve played the hymns for an hour.

Coral is always so happy and appreciative of visitors and just loves it when Steve comes to play for her and all of her friends. There was quite a crowd gathered around to enjoy his excellent music.
After the performance, I went to visit my dear friend Judy who is struggling through chemotherapy with cancer. I pray that her healthy cells will triumph.
2 comments:
Thanks for the pictures.
I wasn't aware that Steve played the piano!! Would love to hear him sometime.
Sharon Miles Wilkins
Post a Comment