Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunny weather?

It was partly sunny for a few hours on Saturday so Steve and I dragged ourselves over to one of our rental properties to stain the stairs and deck. It got cloudy while we were working but it didn't rain. This chore has been haunting us but it's just been too rainy. We're so happy to get that done! Wow, that's two weekends in a row were back at projects. Sat. night Hilary and Adam had tickets for the Real Soccer game. We had a little pizza together before the game and then Korinne stayed with us while the bigger kids went to the game. That was an arrangement that made everyone happy.

Today I gave a lesson in Relief Society about following our prophet. I think it went pretty well. I made a puzzle which would be perfect for primary if anyone wants to borrow it. I didn't use it after all. I had dozens of great quotes from Pres. Monson but we only had time for 30 of them. That actually pleased me that we were able to cover that many. It certainly involved a lot of women. I'm glad to have the lesson thing done until my turn comes again in September. Steve starts teaching the Gospel Doctrine class on a rotating schedule next week. He will do a great job, but his teenagers will miss him.
















3 comments:

Tay and Jen said...

You two are hard workers and always get things done the right way! Way to go!

larah said...

You have more energy than I could even hope for. Everything looks great, and what fun to have Will and Jen staying with you for a little while. Hope to see you Saturday for your breakfast at the park.

Heather said...

I'm sure I could use that prophet puzzle some time. Glad the lesson went well!