Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fun Autumn Days

We've been having some beautiful autumn weather-lots of sunshine, temperatures in the 70's, fanatastic colors on the mountains, and fun visits with kids and grandkids.
Yesterday Steve and I were fortunate enough to have an opportunity to take Quinn, Elsie and Anna to the zoo. The drive to and from was breathtakingly beautiful.
Aaron's nephew returned from his mission Friday so his family came down to join in the celebration. We were the recipients of their visit too. I love it when they come for an event.








I've been doing a little work lately too. During one of our realtor tours this week, I had a personal photo op with Sully. See the happy look on my clients' faces as they finally close on a new home after months of working and waiting for short sales, etc.
Thursday, Hilary and I went to Ann's to scan some treasured photos she and Steve K. had gathered together. I went through some folders and found some real treasures to be included in our family history. I read letters written by my Grandmother Annie to her sisters and Grandpa Robert surrounding her wedding.
Notice the beautiful mountains in the background. Hilary's family was headed south to visit Adam's family. I loved having them stay overnight.
The previous Thursday, my sister, Cathy and brother, Steve had gone through several boxes of "stuff" together. We found a lot of treasures that day too. I brought them home so Hilary and I could sort and scan them. She could hardly pull herself away from the cold, dark garage to go to bed. Once you get the "history" bug, it is like a magnet pulling at you. You can't wait to read the letters and stories. It's been an amazing two weeks. I love that my Dad saved so many notes, letters, pictures, etc. Now the challenge is to organize, record and piece it altogether. Hilary is really talented at that.

I've loved every minute of sorting through these treasures with family members. We've had a few laughs and a few tears, but it has been awesome.
,

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Mapleton looks gorgeous! I'm so glad Hilary was able to look through all those treasures!

Jackie said...

I'm sorry I missed out. I would love to hear more about the stories and the things you found.