There are a lot of things I like about April. Steve & I were engaged in April. The Savior was born in April. The church was organized in April. My son, Taylor, was born 30 years ago on April 1. My Dad would have been 100 years old on April 7. Tricia & McKay and Hilary & Adam were married in April. Jeff, Quinn and Thomas were born in April. Flowers bloom in April. It gets warmer in April. Conference is held in April and I love conference.
Last week a couple of days after his birthday, Taylor arrived in UT. Hooray! I love to see my children, especially in person. Taylor was here for business meetings. He also loves to ride his bike in the foothills and canyons so he took advantage of the opportunity to do that in spite of rainy weather. We managed to free up an evening to spend together and since he hadn't been to City Creek, we decided to check it out. We had dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant.
Here is my fabulous salmon salad. I believe Taylor had a shrimp dish. The chocolate torte was delish too. Jenn sent these photos of Will and June so I added them here. They were still in China but this helped us to feel closer to them.
We were able to watch some conference with Taylor, Hilary and Adam and their family. It was so inspiring and uplifting. I really can't describe it other than to be grateful for that spiritual feast.
The week was a busy one with Taylor doing his work in CV, Steve doing trainings in Phoenix and me working hard in SL. Friday night we met up with Seth and Meagan, friends of Taylor's and their kids, Sage and Myler. Taylor liked the Italian restaurant so much, we went back. Steve had just driven back from Phoenix. We enjoyed relaxing together and having another great meal.
Our petite waitress from the Crimea area of Ukraine was very attentive and gave us an interesting perspective on the current situation there.
I love to see these priesthood holders standing in front of the temple. It's a wonderful sight!
Here everyone was watching the water and fire show. It is like the Bellagio on a much smaller scale.
Saturday, I did two open houses while Taylor went for a long ride and Steve caught up on a few things. That evening Ann hosted all my siblings and spouses for dinner and a visit to the local theatre. We don't get together so often without Dad around so this was a wonderful opportunity to catch up with each other's families. The food was great--we had American Chinese. So Yummy. Eating out two nights in a row was a nice bonus for me!
The theatre experience was amazing--one of the best we've ever had. The local theatre presented Les Miserables and did an absolutely fabulous job! One of Taylor's high school friends played Javert and received a loud cheer from the audience. I really got emotional during parts of their presentation. That is unusual for me.
I don't think we look too bad for a group of "mature adults." It was so fun to get together with this group. We do miss our Dad at times like this.






1 comment:
I think we look awesome, amazing and incredible.
Post a Comment