Besides working and driving to Idaho for Parley's funeral, while Steve was in SC, I moved upstairs in our SL duplex and traded places with our current tenant. This what was my basement kitchen looked like the day before the move.
Here is the family room. I packed everything in boxes and put a lot of them in my side of the garage. That way when the two movers came to move the furniture, they could have some room. Our tenant needed to move to a place with fewer stairs due to her bad knees so we decided we would rather keep her and risk having someone new live above us. Therefore, her visiting teacher and I carried her stuff down and my stuff up so we didn't waste any trips. I had to move and clean out the refrigerators, etc. too. It was a lot of stair climbing for me and I truly felt it the next day. Here are the things I will miss about our basement apartment.
I really loved our new tub and the sauna heater we left in the wall. I could get that bathroom cso ozy and warm. I truly miss it. However, now we have two bathrooms which will be much better for guests.
I loved the second hand Kitchenaide stove and my efficient little kitchen. The upstairs kitchen is bigger and has lots more cupboards but the oven is very small. I had my kitchen so organized downstairs. On the bright side. The fridge is bigger and there is a dishwasher.
I am going to miss my office. It was so nice to have a dedicated office with lots of storage for files.
Upstairs, we have created an office in the dining room with a second hand desk and cupboard. It will work just fine. When I get it organized, I will post some photos.
The Saturday after the move, I did open houses and then drove to CV that evening so I could be there for church. I ended up driving back on Sunday afternoon so I could join my siblings to help Ann celebrate her 85th birthday which was June 4th. I think that she is a pretty amazing woman for 85. She still spends a lot of her time and energy helping others and she is pretty darn independent. Steve K tries to help her a lot but that is because she still wants to do a lot of things and be very active. She is not one to sit in a rocking chair that is for sure.
Michelle hosted the party and Kelley provided steaks from his home grown beef. Those steaks were mighty tender and delicious. Everyone else brought side dishes and Steve K. made homemade ice cream. It was a very pleasant celebration. Jackie couldn't make it and our Steve was in SC. Everyone else attended.
Happy Birthday to Ann! She is a wonderful lady and she loved and took great care of my father so I really appreciate her for that.
I surely missed Steve during his absence but we were both very busy so the time went by pretty quickly.


1 comment:
I am really going to miss that cute little basement apartment too. I loved how cozy it was, and I loved the kitchen. Just the perfect size. Hope you get settled in quickly. At least it will be easy for me to find your new living quarters this move.
Post a Comment