Monday night I was feeling kind of blue. Steve was in Montana and I was missing him and feeling kind of sorry for myself because I had to stay home to promote one of my listings on the Broker tour and I was all alone in a new house and neighborhood. Steve called often to tell me how pretty Montana and Idaho were this time of year. We were both sad not to be sharing the trip together.
At 9:04 p.m. after just finishing a phone visit with Steve, I got a call from another client. The house I had listed for sale a week ago had been burlarized for the 2nd time in 3 months. Not only that but this all came on the heals of the death of the father & husband just a month before the first break-in.
I left immediately to meet them at the house. Of course the police and crime unit were there. We couldn't go in the house until the crime unit had finished their work so we talked with the officer in charge about the showing activity on the house. The daughter who lives in the house had been staying with her mother since her father's death 31/2 months ago. They often came to the house but hadn't been there all weekend. The house was totally trashed. The burlars had gone through everything and dumped it out. They even removed food from the freezer and fridge and had a party. Yuk!
I was so glad that I was able to be there for my clients-two women alone who have had their plates overflowing with grief. I think it was a comfort to them to have someone there with them. I went home and thanked the Lord for my many blessings. My self absorption was gone and I was filled with gratitude. Who's blue? Not me.
2 comments:
That brings back some not-so-fond memories. Glad that you were there for your clients. It's nice to have someone there when tragedy strikes.
It sure makes me mad that people have to add insult to injury. The whole making an extra mess with the food and all. Jamie had her car broken into at work and they got a lot of her tip money, but the jerks broke the little wing window on the passenger side of her car which cost about $1000 to replace. Fortunately our mechanic was able to find a used window at the junk yard and fixed it for less than $100. I am glad you were able to be there for them.
Post a Comment