Monday, October 10, 2011

Our October Arbor Day

When we first moved in, we were told that we needed to submit a plan to the homeowner's association before making any significant changes to our yard. Therefore, we have done nothing for over 2 yrs. Recently our neighbor who is going to challenge the current president for his office, told us that the CCR's allow us to do most anything in "our" yard except build a structure. We have been considering our options.
Saturday on the way home from showing one of my listings, I got Steve to stop by the local nursery. I had drawn up a sketch of our yard. We came home with two trees. A prairiefire crabapple and a gingko. Hooray! These two trees will stay on the smaller side as our yard is small, but they will also provide some privacy for our bedroom window. Now I'm motivated to build a planter to grow our tomatoes.
Yesterday our neighbor told us there is a big uproar in the complex about a boundary dispute. It will be a big issue at our HOA annual mtg tomorrow night. It sounds like our timing is perfect. I don't think anyone will pay the least bit of attention to our two little trees.
Steve had a busy weekend. He also peeled quite a few macintosh apples so we could celebrate with an apple crisp. It sure was yummy! I would love to share some, but alas, no one else is around, so we'll just eat it ourselves.

3 comments:

larah said...

It sounds like the HOA situation keeps you all entertained. Good luck, hope the trees take and provide you lots of shade and privacy.

Heather said...

HOA issues? Sounds too familiar... Glad the apple crisp turned out this time around:) And hooray for trees!

Tay and Jen said...

I would love to attend that HOA meeting to see the chaos.