Saturday, January 1, 2011

Not Our Ordinary Day...

On Dec. 28, Steve and I had a day that was not our ordinary day.
1. We took down the Christmas tree and cleaned the living room. It looked very nice and we were ready for a little more space. 2. I watered my summer pots in the garage and delighted in this blooming geranium! It's quite a contrast to a foot of snow we received a couple of days later. 3. Steve and I went to the mall. That doesn't sound very unusual but it is for us. We needed to purchase a birthday gift and get it in the mail, so we decided to go to the nearby mall. Neither of us have been inside the main mall for several years-I'd guess at least 8-10 years. In fact it was remodeled a few years ago and we didn't even know it. I've been in Sears and Dillards a few times, but never in the "new" Nordstrom's or the mall.
Well, I think that we will go back to our old ways of avoiding the mall. With the birthday gift in tact, we also carried away shoes, jeans, a jacket, a couple of shirts and some candy and we only went into one section of it. The mall with all of its temptations got us. But of course, we needed those items and they were all ON SALE!
Will continues to entertain us and we love it. He loved this dill pickle and almost inhaled it.
While it was not an ordinary day, it was a pleasant one. Hope yours was nice too.


1 comment:

larah said...

Amazing that the mall is so close to us too and we rarely shop there. Glad that you were able to get what you needed there though!

I love the picture of Will with the dill pickle! So cute!